Animation Final Review

Technology

A new take away I learned from Animation in the technology field is learning how to properly use Maya and Adobe Illustrator. I was able to understand how to use these new programs properly through the use of multiple tutorials and the help of my peers and Mr. Netterville. These programs are  important to the field of Animation because these programs are crucial to creating and developing an animation. Along the way, I struggled with lighting an animation properly and being able to render it out, but I was able to figure out these problems and create great animations.

Collaboration

Another great take away from Animation was realizing and understanding the different styles of others. Understanding someone else's style is important in collaboration; it helps you understand where someone's point of views are and it will make it easier to reason with them and collaborate with them. Along the way, it is easy to mistake the style of someone's work for someone else's, but that will always happen no matter what.

Communication

I learned better communication skills through doing my blogspots for Animation. I was able to voice my opinions and speak out on my projects and give them more reason. It's important to voice out your own project and take credit for your hard work. Although sometimes it may be difficult finding the words to voice out your project.

Project Management

I learned how to properly pace myself and not rush through my projects, but also don't snail your way through the project. If you rush or snail, you won't be able to complete a project thoroughly and the it'll look disastrous. I myself was known for snailing through my projects and constantly procrastinating, but that is a lesson I personally learned myself.

Leadership

I learned that being able to take up leadership requires a lot of self control and confidence. While working on a project, I had the opportunity to serve as leader for our group, and through trials, I can say I did a good job as leader thanks to learning from and understanding my peers. It's important to be a good leader because no one will be willing to listen to a horrible leader. I struggled with projecting my ideas and criticism to my other peers in a helpful manner, but I was able to learn from my mistakes.

Strengths and Weaknesses

My greatest strength in this class was being able to be easy to work with and understanding personal concepts. My greatest weakness is I lack the concept of understanding how Animation works but thankfully I'm not taking Animation next year, but I will use what I learned.

Conclusion 

Animation was a great class and I'm sad to see it go.

Comments

Popular Posts